LF HRW Licence (TLILIC2001)
Licence to operate a forklift truck
This course is required if you are intending to operate a forklift truck in the workplace. This licence is commonly required in a warehouse situation where you are required to move palletised items or loading and unloading delivery trucks. You can enrol in this course and obtain professional training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 4575) certified by WorkSafe
Our experienced trainers will train you with the skills required to obtain this class of HRW licence including how to identify hazards, knowing the different parts of the forklift, performing pre-operational checks, operating the forklift truck in a safe manner and how and where to park the forklift safely. These are the basic skills you will need to know to be able to operate a forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
The forklift course covers the following units:
- How to plan work
- Conduct a full pre-operational check of the forklift
- Shift and place loads of different weights and sizes
- Monitor site conditions
- Shut down forklift as per manufactures specifications
The course is conducted over 2 consecutive days
|Course Name||:||Licence to operate a forklift truck|
|Course Code:||:||TLILIC2001 – WorkSafe HRW Licence (code LF)|
|Duration||:||This course runs for 2 X 8 Hour Days.
Check course dates for next available course details
|Location||:||Our up to date facility is located at:
Australian Easy Train
|Dress Requirements||:||Safety Shoes or Boots, High Visibility Clothing and any other PPE you may require. If you require to use gloves please bring them with you.|
|Equipment Required||:||• We supply all equipment required.
• We will be using our Mitsubishi forklift trucks for this course. We have various activities for you to perform so that you can become confident and efficient in operating this machine. We also have various loads and situations for you to undergo while learning to master the required skills to enable you to operate the forklift to the required standard. (see pictures above of our forklifts)
• All our forklifts have undergone the required services and are always up to the requirements of the Australian Standards and are serviced regularly.
• Suitable materials such as pallets and stillage’s are supplied allowing you to experience different situations that you may encounter in the workplace.
• We also have a racking system to assist you in becoming familiar with handling and lifting loads from different heights.
|Material Required||:||We supply Learners Guides, Revision Sheets, Assessment Paperwork, and all other Administration Documents that may be required.|
|:||• You will need to be able to use the English language at a level which will enable you to safely perform work of a high risk nature. As per (6.7 – National Standard for licensing persons performing high risk work 2006)
• You will be required to be in good health and fit to perform the required tasks. Your trainer must be notified of any condition that could affect you performing the training prior to starting the course.
• All students must be at least 18 years of age prior to commencing the course.
AET adopts a range of assessment methods to ensure flexibility for clients as well as meeting the specific requirements of the unit(s) from the Transport and Logistics training package.
Assessments methods include practical demonstrations, written tests and oral questioning. Clients who require additional learning support or assistance should inform AET prior to the course commencement to ensure this support is available.
Nationally recognized statement of attainment
All participants will receive a nationally recognized statement of attainment TLILIC2001A-Licence to operate a forklift truck on successful completion of the assessment.
On successful completion of the course the applicants will need to go individually to an Australian Post office with $60.00 and 100 points of identification for the processing of their licence.