Who needs to do this course ?
Any person that is 18 years or over who is working at heights in any industry needs to have the required safety training in accordance with the Code of Practice Falls at Workplaces.
Theory Components Involve:
OH&S Act 1984 Responsibilities (Duty of Care)
Regulations OH&S 1996 Specific hazard and work practices.
Code of Practice Prevention of Falls at Workplaces
-1891.1,.2,.3,.4 – Harness & Fall Arrest
– 4142.3 -Rope
– 4488.1 & 2 – Rope Access
Occupational Health & Safety Act Section 19:
What employers must do
Occupational Health & Safety Act Section 20:
What employees must do,
Occupational Health & Safety Act Section 21:
Employers & Self Employed
Occupational Health & Safety Act Section 23:
Duties of Manufacturers
Occupational Health & Safety Regulation 3.49
Occupational Health & Safety Regulation 3.55
Hierarchy of Control
Physical Control Measures
Preventing Suspension Trauma
Harness & Lanyard
Force in falls
Inspection & Maintenance
Practical Components Involve:
The practical component of this course includes a demonstration of all equipment mentioned in relation to Australian Standards.
- Work safely on scaffolding higher than 2 metresCourse Codes:
- This course runs over 1 x 8 hour day
- Australian Easy Train
- 35 Kimberly Road
- Dandenong South 3175
- Ph (03) 9706-4881
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safety boots/ non slip
- High Visibility Clothing
- Hard Hats with chin straps
- And any other P.P.E. you may require.
Australian Easy Train supply you with all the equipment required to complete your course.
- Industrial ladder rated to 120Kg
- Full body harnesses
- Safety net
- Static lines
- Anchor points
- Inertia reel
- Tower for climbing
- Australian Easy Train will supply you with:
- Learner guides
- Assessment Paperwork
- And all other Administration Documents that shall be required
- You will need to be able to use the English language at a level which will enable you to safely perform work of a high risk nature. As per (6.7 – National Standard for licensing persons performing high risk work 2006)
- You will be required to be in good health and fit to perform the required tasks. Your trainer MUST be notified of any condition that could affect you performing the training prior to starting the course.
- All students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Please also bring any licences/certificates to show experience for working in construction:
- Any WorkSafe licence of High Risk Work
AET adopts a range of assessment methods to ensure flexibility for clients as well as meeting the specific requirements of the unit(s) from the construction and plumbing training package.
Assessments methods include practical demonstrations, written test and oral questioning. Clients who require additional learning support or assistance should inform AET prior to the course commencement to ensure support is available.
Nationally recognized statement of attainment
Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a Statement of Attainment indicating the nationally recognised unit of competency CPCCCM2010 Work Safely on scaffolding higher than 2 metres.